Get ready to stand out in the competitive food and restaurant industries with in-depth knowledge of food purchasing, quantity food preparation, business law, human resource management, marketing and finance – along with invaluable hands-on work experience in the field. Apply your skills to land job opportunities in nearby Philadelphia and NYC.
Our bachelor’s degree in restaurant and food service management will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of the industry’s professional demands.
In our four-year degree program, you’ll gain:
- Practical knowledge and technical skills
- Hands-on experience in our food lab
- Expert preparation for management positions in the food service industry. Our graduates have gone on to work for: restaurants, hotels, health facilities, schools, airlines, institutional dining rooms, and catering operations
- Knowledge of food purchasing, quantity food preparation, business law, human resource management, marketing and finance
With Philadelphia an hour away and New York City only two, a variety of exciting opportunities in the hospitality industry are easy to access.
I love how small the school and program are. Classes are so close-knit and returning is more like catching up with friends than starting school. It’s a great way to build connections and get references for the future.
- Introduction to Foodservice Systems
- Food, Culture and Cuisine
- Cook Like a Chef: Principles of Professional Cooking
- Sanitation Management
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Foodservice Accounting and Cost Control
- Food Distribution Systems
- Food Service Marketing Strategy
- Legal Aspects of Foodservice Management
- Business Administration
- Food Systems
- Policy Studies
With 100 percent of our students having real-world, hands-on experience, graduates with a degree in restaurant and food service management are able to work in various areas of the industry and careers such as:
- Restaurant/hospitality management
- Food marketing and sales
- Food service management
- Restauranteur/business owner
- Food and beverage manager
- Kitchen manager
- Life care and retirement facility manager
- Meeting and special event planner
- Food and beverage supplier, broker or distributor to the industry
The Experience360 Program gives you the opportunity to apply classroom lessons to real-world activities like internships, career exploration experiences, student research, study abroad, leadership development and more.