You can afford DelVal. We’ll help you do it.
After reviewing the overview information below, contact us if you have any additional questions at email@example.com or by phone at 215.489.2272 to start the process of tailoring an aid package that fits your unique financial circumstances.
You are eligible to receive financial aid as a part-time degree completion student if:
- You are enrolled in a degree-seeking program at DelVal;
- You are enrolled in at least six (6) credits in each term for which you are applying for aid;
- You have made academic progress during previous terms in which you have received aid; and
- You are not in default on a previous educational loan.
Pell grants are awarded to degree-seeking undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s degree. Eligibility for this grant is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), educational costs and enrollment status.
Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA)
Pennsylvania State Grants are awarded to undergraduate degree-seeking undergraduate students. Eligibility is determined by financial need, enrollment status and other conditions set forth by the Pennsylvania. Student enrollment must include at least 50% in-classroom credits per academic term. To be eligible, you must file your FAFSA by May 1 each year.
Stafford loans are a form of federal student loan for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at least half time. Learn more and apply at studentaid.gov.
Federal Parent (PLUS) Loan for Dependent Undergraduates
PLUS loans are taken in a parent's name and can be used to meet a dependent student's educational costs. Students who are independent for financial aid purposes are ineligible for this type of loan.
Other financing options, such as private educational loans, may be available to you. Learn more about alternative loan options on the financial aid website.
To be considered for need-based financial aid at DelVal, follow these steps:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Note the following when completing this form: The federal government will require some students to undergo an additional process called verification, which will require completion of further documentation. Our financial aid staff will assist you in completing this documentation as needed.
- List Delaware Valley University (School Code 003252) as your school of choice.
- You can file your FAFSA as early as October for the following academic year.
- Undergraduate Pennsylvania residents filing a FAFSA before May 1 are automatically considered for a state grant.
- Non-Pennsylvania residents should consult their state grant agency for procedures to determine eligibility.
2. Complete the Delaware Valley University Financial Aid Application
This additional documentation is required of part-time degree completion students.
3. Additional steps for new / first time federal direct loan borrowers only
Office of Financial Aid
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Lasker Hall, Second Floor