Student Consumer Information

You will find important information about DelVal in the links below. 

Institutional and Financial Aid Information

For institutional information, contact:

Office of Admission
Phone: 1.800.2DELVAL

For financial aid information, contact:

Office of Financial Aid
Phone: 215.489.2272

See also consumer information on the College Navigator Website

Additional Information

Delaware Valley University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.

1007 North Orange Street

4th Floor, MB #166

Wilmington, DE 19801


The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

The MBA program and a bachelor's in business administration are accredited by The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).

The Landscape Architecture program is accredited by the Landscape Architecture Accreditation Board (LAAB).

The Horticulture Therapy certificate program is accredited by the American Horticultural Therapy Association (AHTA).

The Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS).

The Equine program has the status as a Certified British Horse Society (BHS) Testing Center. We offer BHS Examinations for certificates in Stage 1 through International Instructor Level 1 at our Equestrian Center.

The MA in Counseling Psychology received its 10-year accreditation by the Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of April 2019 through April 2029. The MPCAC accreditation affirms the program’s significant focus on evidence-based practices and experiential learning.

Delaware Valley University participates in Federal student aid programs that are authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. Participating institutions must be legally authorized to operate with the state in which it is located. Title 34 CFR §600.9 requires states to have a "process to review and appropriately act on complaints concerning the institution including enforcing applicable State laws." Title 34 CFR §668.43(b) requires that institutions: "make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, a copy of the documents describing the institution's accreditation and its State, Federal, or tribal approval or licensing. The institution must also provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student's complaint."

To comply with this regulation, Delaware Valley University provides the following information to our prospective and current students. Delaware Valley University makes every effort to resolve student complaints internally, using policies and procedures outlined in the current University catalog or student policy guide. It is expected that students will fully utilize any and all of such administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in as timely a manner as possible. Find below procedures regarding:

  • Academic Grievance - Students have the right to present a grievance free from interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
  • Non-Academic complaints - Refers to incidents of unprofessional behavior and other complaints that are not of an academic grade concern. Contact the Dean for the school appropriate to the source of the complaint, or the Assistant Dean of Student Development.
  • Americans with Disabilities Act complaints - Contact the Office of Learning Support Services
  • Non-discrimination and harassment complaints - Refer to the University non-discrimination statement
  • Title IX complaints - Refer to the Sexual Misconduct Policy
  • Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) complaints - refer to FERPA Notification of Student Rights
  • Criminal activity and disruptive behavior complaints - Complaints involving matters of a criminal nature or disruptive behavior should be directed to Public Safety at 215.489.4444
  • Bias-motivated incidents - The University Bias Incident Policy

In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the University, students may file a complaint with their respective State Licensing Authority. For residential students taking courses on-campus, the Pennsylvania Department of Education - Postsecondary and Adult Education would be the applicable agency. For online students, the state agency would generally correspond with the student's state of residence. These agencies should be contacted only after the student has registered a complaint with the University and has not received a response to the request for resolution. Contact information for all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories is set forth below.

Unresolved complaints may also be filed with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the University's regional accrediting agency, once all other avenues have been exhausted. The link below provides information on its complaint policies and procedures.

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Telephone: 267.284.5000 Spanish: españ
General Link:

Individual States

Arkansas - ADHE requires the certified institution to make a decision on the student grievance following the institution's public policy. Inquiries into student grievances must be limited to AHECB certified (under Arkansas Code ¤6-61-301) courses/degree programs and institutions and to matters related to the criteria for certification. Within 20 days of completing the institution's grievance procedures, the student may file the complaint in writing with the ICAC Coordinator, Arkansas Department of Higher Education, 114 East Capitol, Little Rock, AR 72201 (contact for information). The grievant must provide a statement from the institution verifying that the institution's appeal process has been followed. ADHE will notify the institution of the grievance within 15 days of the filing. Within 10 days after ADHE notification, the institution must submit a written response to ADHE. Other actions may be taken by ADHE as needed.
Delaware - The Delaware Department of Education will investigate complaints. Such complaints must be in writing and verified by the signature of the person making the complaint. Oral, anonymous or unsigned complaints will not be investigated. Until the website is functional, please write or call for more information. The Delaware Department of Education; Teacher and Administrator Quality; John W. Collette Resource Center; 35 Commerce Way; Dover, DE 19904. The Delaware Department of Education phone number is 302.857.3388.
Maine - Complaints shall be addressed in writing to the Maine Department of Education, Office of Higher Education, Augusta, Maine, 04333, with specific facts and allegations and signed by the complainant. The school shall be notified of any complaints which are to be investigated.
Missouri - Click on Complaint Resolution Policy
New Hampshire
New Jersey - New Jersey Commission on Higher Education. PO Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625,

New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota - Complaints involving out-of-state institutions may be filed with the Office of Attorney General, Consumer Protection & Antitrust Division, Gateway Professional Center, 1050 East Interstate Ave. Ste. 200, Bismarck, ND 58503-5574
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota- Student complaints go through the Attorney General
Tennessee - click Request for Complaint Review
Washington, DC
West Virginia - click on Student Complaint Process

Each state and territory has different professional licensure and certification requirements. Delaware Valley University works to confirm if programs meet the educational requirements for professional licensure or certification outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Other non-educational requirements for licensure may also exist and may differ by state. These non-educational requirements may include professional examinations, background checks, years of work experience, evidence of moral character, and others.  

Current and prospective students who are considering an academic program that requires them to pursue professional licensure to work in the field are strongly advised to check the licensure information provided by the University and to contact the appropriate licensing board in the state or territory in which they plan to work to obtain additional information and guidance prior to enrolling in the program. Current and prospective students should also reach out to the program contact at Delaware Valley University with questions.  

Licensing board information and program contact information are provided for each state and territory and for each program.  

Changes in Requirements for Licensure by States and Territories

Delaware Valley University makes a good faith effort to keep the licensure information on this website as up to date as possible. Annually in June, licensure information will be reviewed and updated as needed. However, states may change the licensure requirements. A program may originally meet the educational requirements in a state or territory, but changes by the licensing boards in those states or territories could impact the program’s ability to meet new educational requirements.  

Current and prospective students who plan to work and pursue licensure outside of Pennsylvania are strongly encouraged to regularly check the educational requirements with their state licensure board to confirm current licensure requirements.

Relocation While Enrolled in a Program Leading to Licensure

Relocating during a program from one state or territory to another could impact whether current students can continue in the program, meet eligibility requirements for licensure in the new state, and/or receive financial aid funding. Prior to relocating, current students should contact their program director to review authorization and licensure requirements and to understand the impact on their educational and career goals.  

Current students must complete the appropriate relocation form to update the University records. Please contact the Registrar for assistance or questions related to this requirement.

Business Administration: Accounting Concentration and Certificate in Accounting Disclosures

Counseling Psychology: Graduate Programs Disclosures

Education: Graduate Programs Disclosures

Education: Undergraduate Programs Disclosures