Professional Licensure Disclosures

Each state and territory has different professional licensure and certification requirements. Delaware Valley University works to confirm if programs meet the educational requirements for professional licensure or certification outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Other non-educational requirements for licensure may also exist and may differ by state. These non-educational requirements may include professional examinations, background checks, years of work experience, evidence of moral character, and others.  

Current and prospective students who are considering an academic program that requires them to pursue professional licensure to work in the field are strongly advised to check the licensure information provided by the University and to contact the appropriate licensing board in the state or territory in which they plan to work to obtain additional information and guidance prior to enrolling in the program. Current and prospective students should also reach out to the program contact at Delaware Valley University with questions.  

Licensing board information and program contact information are provided for each state and territory and for each program.  

Changes in Requirements for Licensure by States and Territories

Delaware Valley University makes a good faith effort to keep the licensure information on this website as up to date as possible. Annually in June, licensure information will be reviewed and updated as needed. However, states may change the licensure requirements. A program may originally meet the educational requirements in a state or territory, but changes by the licensing boards in those states or territories could impact the program’s ability to meet new educational requirements.  

Current and prospective students who plan to work and pursue licensure outside of Pennsylvania are strongly encouraged to regularly check the educational requirements with their state licensure board to confirm current licensure requirements.

Relocation While Enrolled in a Program Leading to Licensure

Relocating during a program from one state or territory to another could impact whether current students can continue in the program, meet eligibility requirements for licensure in the new state, and/or receive financial aid funding. Prior to relocating, current students should contact their program director to review authorization and licensure requirements and to understand the impact on their educational and career goals.  

Current students must complete the appropriate relocation form to update the University records. Please contact the Registrar for assistance or questions related to this requirement.

Business Administration: Accounting Concentration and Certificate in Accounting Disclosures

Counseling Psychology: Graduate Programs Disclosures

Education: Graduate Programs Disclosures

Education: Undergraduate Programs Disclosures

Physician Assistant Program Disclosures

Speech-language Pathology Program Disclosures