Pre-matriculation Immunization Policy
Per recommendations of ACHA (American College Health Association) Guidelines, April 2014
It is the policy of Student Health Services to require the following immunizations for all full-time first-year students entering Delaware Valley University, as well as new transfer students:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): 2 doses required. The first dose must be given after 12 months of age. *
- Varicella (chickenpox): Either the date of disease is required or 2 doses of vaccine. *
- Tetanus/diptheria: Date of last dose is required. Updated Tdap booster within 10 years.
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses of vaccine are required. *
- Meningitis: Required by Pennsylvania state law. A booster dose is required if the initial dose was given prior to 16th birthday.
- Polio: Date of the last dose administered is required.
- Influenza vaccine: Highly encouraged - but not required - for all students yearly for the flu season.
Note: * Blood tests (titers) that show proof of immunity are also accepted as documentation.