Student Employment

Open the door to your future.

Working while you study at Delaware Valley University is a great way to earn extra money, build a professional network, earn Experience360 credits, and gain valuable work experience on the path to your career goals. DelVal employs students in more than 40 departments across campus. Sometimes you are granted a job through the financial aid process, referred to as a Federal Work Study position, or you can be hired through the Campus Employment program. Either way you’ll need to develop a resume before you can apply. Resumes should include relevant work or volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, and contact information. Incoming high school seniors who need assistance in developing a resume should reach out to their high school guidance counselor or an English and Language Arts teacher. Current students who need assistance with writing a resume should reach out to the Center for Student Professional Development.

Delaware Valley University students can apply for student employment here.

This need-based financial aid program grants students a part-time on campus job to help pay for educational expenses. Eligibility is determined by the information you provide on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are awarded Federal Work Study as a part of your financial aid package, you will have several steps to follow to secure your position.

  1. Finalize your resume.
  2. Apply at the Student Employment Career Center for desired area.
  3. Review your DelVal email to complete the virtual on-boarding process.
  4. Supervisors will be contacting you to schedule an interview. Make sure you are checking your voicemail and DelVal email frequently.
  5. Positions are not guaranteed as on campus jobs are competitive.

General information about federal work study can be found here.

Delaware Valley University also employs students through the Campus Employment. Students do not need to demonstrate financial need to qualify for this program. If you are a Delaware Valley University student interested in working on campus, please go to the Student Employment Career Center to apply and view opportunities.

Incoming high school seniors should reach out to their high school guidance counselor or an English and language arts teacher if you need assistance creating a resume. Current students can contact the Center for Student Professional Development.

We hire a small number of students during the summer break. These positions are primarily agricultural or animal science based. Summer Employment is generally only available to students who will be registered full time for the following fall semester (prior to the end of finals week) and who are in good academic standing.

Summer employees are eligible for free summer housing. However, you must pay the taxes on this benefit. For more information please contact the Office of the Bursar  .

There are other opportunities for employment for students that are independent of the programs listed above. Those opportunities would be advertised to students and would involve an application.

For more information or questions please contact