The University’s Division of Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence will work with the President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion, a group made up of people from across campus, to support diversity and inclusion work on campus.
Members of the President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion
DelVal’s new Multicultural Lounge is a space where students can meet, lounge, celebrate their diversity and foster the inclusive culture of the university.
The Multicultural Center, or the “Mélange Lounge” as it was aptly named by student Briana Davis, is a space for students to celebrate their diversity and feel included on campus in a way that they may not feel in other spaces. This is a space where students lounge, gather, network and find solace. The office of Evelia Hunter, Assistant Dean of Student Development for Diversity and Inclusion, is also located in this space.
The mural was created by alumni, Omari Mooring. It represents the spirit of the student body of DelVal. The portraits were painted by local artist David Ohlerking and are, quite literally, the faces of DelVal – students, faculty and staff line not only the Melange lounge, but many of the walls in the Student Center and the Life Sciences Building.
If you are a student or student organization that has an idea or event that you would like to hold in our space, click here. If you are a faculty or staff member, please contact Evelia Hunter directly.
As a student you will have the opportunity to explore, join and even create a club that represents how diverse our student body is.
Learn more about some of our clubs:
- Minority Relations Council - The purpose of the MRC is to govern, monitor, and support minority clubs and organizations on campus and to open a line of communication with SGB about events and activities they sponsor. The council promotes respect and appreciation of diversity.
- American Association of University Women - The purpose of the AAUW's mission is to advance equality for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. We focus on issues of civil rights, economic security and education.
- Black Student Union - The purpose of the Black Student Union is to create a space of community, empowerment, education and fun for African American students via discussion panels, professional development, community service, parties, etc.
- GLOW - provides a safe social environment for DelVal's queer community and its allies. We educate the student body about queer issues by providing programs, panels, and other activities which highlight the issues that queer people deal with.
- Students for Diversity - is dedicated to the acceptance, understanding and recognition of diversity. The club works to create an inclusive DelVal community that maintains respect and understanding of diversity.
- Women’s Wrestling Club - a club that makes you feel like you're a part of a team, family, and a place to learn a new or old sport. We are here to wrestle, and to work hard!
- Disability and Accommodations
- International Office
- Title IX
As the Assistant Dean of Student Development for Diversity and Inclusion, Evelia oversees student training for diversity and inclusion topics, coordinate activities and events and advises the Minority Relations Council. She leads the Women Summit Planning Committee and is also a member of the President’s Commission on Diversity and Inclusion.
Evelia is a graduate of Eastern University and University of Pennsylvania. She holds a Bachelors in Early Childhood Education and a Master’s in Counseling and Mental Health.