Welcome to the Delaware Valley University Mail Center. Here are some helpful tips and important information regarding the on-campus Mail Center:
- The Covid-19 pandemic has brought significant changes to the Delaware Valley University Mail Center. In order to allow for improved social distancing, the Mail Center mail boxes located in narrow hallways off the Student Center lobby have been removed
- When packages, letter mail, magazines or any other items that would have been placed in a mail box are delivered to the Mail Center, on-campus students will receive an email notification that a package or an item of mail has been delivered for them
- The Mail Center uses a software program that will generate a “Mailroom by PackageX” title. If you are expecting a package and haven’t received an email, please check your email’s Spam or Junk folder; be sure to add “Mailroom by PackageX” as a contact
- Packages and mail can be picked up at the Del Val Mail Center window, located in the corner of the Student Center lobby during 8:30 am to 4:30 pm weekday operating hours
- A Student ID or a valid driver’s license will be required for package and mail pick up. Mail Center staff will bring your package or mail to the window and give it to you
- Social distancing floor markers will help insure proper separation between students
- Mail Center personnel will sign that you’ve picked up your package or mail
Your address format should be:
First Name Last Name
Delaware Valley University
700 E Butler Avenue
Doylestown PA 18901
A surprising number of packages come to the mail center with only a student’s first name. This delays the processing of the package and having it available for you to pick up. Before sending off an order, please make sure your “ship to” address is in the format above.
THE AMAZON LOCKER
Package deliveries at Del Val have grown in number each year for the past three years. To help expedite the process, an Amazon locker system is in the Student Center Lobby. It allows you as an on-campus student to access your Amazon packages at the Center 24/7.
When placing an Amazon order, when you get to the 1 Shipping address screen, note “Or pick up from an Amazon Locker - Click on highlighted “X locations near this address.” Scroll down and find: Amazon Hub Locker - DelValU | Delaware Valley University.
Click on “Ship to this address”. Amazon will send an email to you with an access code when your package is delivered. At the Student Center, use the touch screen on the locker to key in your access code or scan in the barcode from the email. The locker will open automatically - step back as the door opens toward you. Retrieve your package, then close the locker door.
Packages may also be returned using the Amazon Locker – instructions for doing that are online at amazon.com
When the Amazon locker is full or if your package won’t fit, these items will be processed by the Del Val Mail Center. You’ll receive an email from the Mail Center and not Amazon. You’ll be directed to visit the service window during regular business hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday to pick up your item(s). Please bring your Student ID.
- Another student may pick up your mail or your package but you must send an email to the Mail Center that states your name, the person who will be picking up for you and that you give them permission. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice must be provided to the Mail Center for this to happen.
- Apply sufficient postage to all outgoing mail. If you are uncertain about the correct amount of postage to use when mailing something, Mail Center personnel will gladly weigh your letter/package to be certain the postage used is correct
Outgoing mail can be given to a Mail Center clerk or deposited in the door slot located next to the bookstore. Ensure that your mail has sufficient postage. Outgoing mail will be picked up at the end of the business day
- USPS money orders may be purchased (with cash only) from 8:30 a.m. through 2 p.m. The Mail Center cannot cash money orders or checks.
- Change of Address: If you have a new permanent home address, a new off campus address, or a temporary summer address, etc. you must report your new address to both the Registrar’s Office, located on the 2nd floor of Lasker Hall and the Mail Center.
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: Closed