Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in crop science will allow you to join one of the most important sectors of our national economy. Currently, a skilled-labor shortage in the crop science industry is leading larger agricultural companies to aggressively recruit students for internships and full-time jobs.
A Delaware Valley University, we offer a crop science program that will prepare you with the knowledge and experience you will need for career success in crop science and agronomy. You will learn how to manage soils, crops and resources. You will also take courses in management and science. You will gain real-world experience by:
- Working on our three farms with more than 500 acres of field crops;
- Doing research and hands-on classroom activities in our 12,000 feet of modern greenhouse space;
- Completing our award-winning Experience360 Program in crop science. This nationally-recognized experiential learning program was designed based on employer feedback.
Our graduates pursue careers as crop consultants, researchers, growers, extension agents, farm managers and even as sales representatives for fertilizer, equipment, pesticide and seed companies.
Our crop science major prepares students for careers in crop science and agronomy. Our program offers a combination of basic and applied science courses along with courses in management.
- Sustainability: Saving the Earth and Feeding the People
- Seminar (Agronomy)
- Field Crops I
- Soil Fertility and Fertilizers
- Botany of Vascular Plants
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Physiology
- Food and Agricultural Policy
- Irrigation Technology
- Sustainable Agriculture Systems
The Experience360 Program gives you the opportunity to apply classroom lessons to real-world activities like internships, career exploration experiences, student research, study abroad, leadership development and more.
- Crop consultants
- Extension agents
- Farm managers
- Sales representatives for fertilizer, equipment, pesticide and seed companies
Dive into the issues that are most important to you in agriculture while learning from industry professionals!