The need for chemists across a vast array of fields makes this a rewarding scientific career choice. DelVal’s B.S. in Chemistry degree is approved and certified by the American Chemical Society -- making its graduates highly desirable in both the competitive job and grad school arenas.
At DelVal you have access to a high-quality chemistry program that not only establishes a strong scientific foundation that meets the demands of a career at the baccalaureate level, but also provides the background to pursue advanced studies at the graduate level. You will study the traditional areas of chemistry (analytical, biochemical, general, inorganic, organic, and physical), as well as mathematics and physics.
You will also develop and practice valuable skills such as communication, research, leadership and teamwork. The role of chemists in a broad range of industries creates the need for people with a solid foundation and additional expertise in specific areas. Our chemistry program addresses this diversity by providing comprehensive core courses that allow you to tailor your degree to your career goals.
Our chemistry program will provide you with practical, relevant knowledge and experience:
- You will have access to modern instrumentation and plenty of opportunities for hands-on experience in qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Our chemistry degree has been approved by the American Chemical Society since the ’70s. This distinction is given to high-quality programs that empower graduates to be successful after graduation. Both the rigor and requirements of a certified degree confer a credential that is nationally recognized and valued by potential employers and graduate schools.
- In 2019, 100 percent of our chemistry majors were employed or accepted into graduate school upon graduation.
Delaware Valley University prepares students with a solid foundation in chemistry and options for specialization.
- Organic Chemistry with lab
- Analytical Chemistry 1 and 2 with labs
- Physical Chemistry 1,2 and 3 with labs
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Lab
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Organic Analysis with lab
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Marine Chemistry
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Business Administration
- Food Systems
- Policy Studies
The Experience360 Program in chemistry gives you the opportunity to apply classroom lessons to real-world experience with internships, career exploration experiences, student research, study abroad, leadership development and more.
Our chemistry B.S. can prepare you to:
- Attend medical school or veterinary school.
- Pursue a graduate degree in chemistry.
- Pursue a career in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or food manufacturing industry.
- Work in a variety of laboratories for research, government agencies or businesses.
In our biochemistry specialization, you will participate in in-depth discussion of the metabolism, signaling, and regulations in living organisms with an emphasis on key metabolites and recurring chemical patterns. You will also have opportunities for hands-on experiences with activities related to topics such as protein purification, enzyme analysis, and computer-aided protein structural analysis.