Do you dream of working with wildlife? Careers in this field are extensive, and this degree will equip you to land a rewarding and endlessly fascinating one. You’ll gain in-depth expertise in the ecology of wild animals, including their biology, relationships with each other and humans, and the environment that forms their habitat.
In our conservation and wildlife management program you will learn management of entire ecosystems. You will learn to apply biological principles to manage and conserve wildlife. Our graduates understand the factors that impact habitat and species conservation. Our curriculum covers principles of implementing safe, effective and appropriate procedures for sustainably managing wildlife populations. Students learn about wildlife anatomy, behavior, pathology and diseases, ecology, and the conservation challenges created by human actions.
As a wildlife management and conservation student, you will actively engage with the material. Our program will provide you with a strong foundation in science as well as hands-on experience working with animals.
- You will participate in laboratories that emphasize field techniques and a hands-on approach to wildlife management
- You will learn outside the classroom on our more than 1,000 acres of land to engage in hands-on learning in our living laboratory
- You will have opportunities to gain animal experience in our two animal care facilities through classes and student research
- You will have access to state and federal agencies that provide unique learning experiences, internships and networking opportunities for DelVal students
- With DelVal's strong reputation among conservation employers, you will have access to a robust network of alumni in conservation careers
- Our caring faculty provide one-on-one guidance and are invested in your success
Our wide variety of course offerings prepare you for a variety of career opportunities in the field.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Statistics for Science
- Animal Behavior
- Wildlife Management
- Wildlife Health and Disease
- Wildlife Conservation
- Wildlife Law and Policy
- Environmental Sciences
- Criminal Justice
- Policy Studies
The Experience360 Program in conservation and wildlife management gives you the opportunity to apply classroom lessons to real-world activities like internships, career exploration experiences, student research, study abroad, leadership development and more.
The knowledge and hands-on experience you will gain in our conservation and wildlife management program prepare you to:
- Apply to graduate school or veterinary school
- Pursue a career within wildlife research
- Pursue a career in wildlife biology, conservation or game management
- Pursue a career in state and national parks, game preserves, or wildlife rehabilitation
- Pursue a career in environmental education
- Pursue a career as a zoo or aquarium professional
Explore wildlife conservation issues and careers through our student chapter of this national professional organization!