Influence change and make a difference in lives with a career in the criminal justice system. You’ll explore the American justice system in depth and gather real-world experiences to prepare you for success.
At Delaware Valley University, your criminal justice curriculum provides a well-rounded education that touches on many disciplines. You will gain an understanding of the philosophical ideals of the American system of justice and take specialized courses to prepare you with the knowledge, professional skills, and state-of-the-art techniques required for career success. You will also study sociology, psychology, business management, liberal arts and the science of investigation. Our program provides excellent preparation for a variety of careers in the American criminal justice system.
At DelVal, you will learn by doing as you take interesting courses taught by engaging faculty. You will have many opportunities for experiential learning through internships, job shadowing, trips, crime scene investigation and more.
- Begin your first semester with crucial foundational courses, like Introduction to Criminal Justice, and Introduction to Psychology.
- Finish the year with American Police, Introduction to Sociology, and other freshman-level courses.
- As you progress, you will take more in-depth courses such as International Crime and Terrorism and Juvenile Justice and Penology.
- You will have opportunities to apply classroom material through field trips, hands-on classroom activities, and other career preparation experiences.
- This is a 4 + 1 program where you have the option to take graduate courses in your senior year and earn your B.S. and M.S. in just 5 years!
Our students graduate with in-depth knowledge of a range of topics within criminal justice as well as valuable hands-on experience.
You go to college to learn, but at DelVal it feels different. There is a culture of learning mixed with experience. DelVal students are taught to be successful. They stand out from their peers.
Our criminal justice administration B.S. program fuses real-world experience with in-depth exploration of society and the American justice system.
- Introduction to Criminal Justice
- American Police
- Introduction to Corrections
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Probation, Parole, and Community Corrections
- International Crime and Terrorism
- Women, Crime, and the Criminal Justice System
- The Court Process
- Criminal Law
- Organized and White Collar Crime
- Drugs, Crime, and Society
The Experience360 Program in criminal justice gives you the opportunity to apply classroom lessons to real-world activities through internships, career exploration experiences, student research, study abroad, leadership development and more.
Perhaps the most important question you can ask of a degree program is what it can do for you in terms of landing a career. Luckily, there’s certainly no shortage of areas in which our criminal justice graduates may progress thanks to the expertise amassed throughout the program. Some opportunities our graduates pursue include:
- Law enforcement
- Probation and parole
- Court system positions such as paralegal or jury consultant
- DelVal's 4+1 program will allow you to complete a master's in criminal justice in just one additional year!
If you aspire to pursue further education after earning your bachelor's degree and study topics such as law or policy studies our program provides an excellent foundation to do so.