Learn how to be a digital storyteller in our media and communication program – then use these sought-after skills to communicate stories for businesses, digital news, public relations, social media platforms and more. Thanks to DelVal’s small, hands-on classes, you’ll graduate as a skilled media specialist with a wide choice of opportunities.
The world of media is constantly changing, and communication continues to be the most sought-after skill employers want in any career. Our degree in media and communication will allow you to explore your creative side using the latest technology available. If you’ve thought about exploring ideas, language, visual communication, web design or any of the many possibilities awaiting with a major in media and communication, consider a degree in media and communication. Our dedicated faculty will work with you one-on-one or in very small classes to help you realize your dreams.
- Learn critical thinking and problem solving
- Strengthen your skills in communication and writing
- Shoot and edit your own videos
- Design web pages
- Create documents for print or digital media
My favorite parts of DelVal were the hands-on-learning and the E360 Program. It’s great that the University gives students time to learn about their passions. The experience from doing internships helped me get a job after DelVal.
- Introduction to Communication
- Media Management
- Graphic Design I and II
- News Reporting and Writing
- Writing for Public Relations, Promotion and Advertising
- Video Production I and II
- Writing for Radio, Television and the Internet
- Digital Photography and Editing
- Professional Communication
- The Gleaner
- Business Administration
The Experience360 Program starts with an introductory professional development course and culminates with a co-curricular component that includes interning, doing community service, conducting student research or studying abroad. Your E360 experience is tailored to the media and communication degree.
A degree in media and communication can lead to a successful career in business, marketing, journalism, TV and film, human resources, public relations and advertising. Some even go on to pursue digital media, law and education.
- Apply critical thinking skills to any number of careers requiring leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Work in advertising, publishing or other venues where strong writing, editing and social media skills are valued
- Attend graduate school in a number of areas, including English and law